Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Friday, February 9, 2007

Eating what bugs you.....

HOTLIX


I know.......you are thinking;"How disgusting"!
This isn't anything you'd ever find cooking in grandmas kitchen.
True, but luckily for me my parents and grandparents had very adventurous palates.
From the time I was little I was exposed to a wide range of delicacies. Granted I turned my nose up in disgust more times than you can imagine. But my family always told me I couldn't say that I didn't like something until I at least tried it. Then and only then if I did not like whatever it happened to be at the time such as;"calves brains, eel, turtle, tripe, snails, grasshoppers, rattlesnake.......the list seems endless" I never had to have it again.
Funny thing is as it turns out, I truly ended up loving just about everything. I still do to this day.
All I am saying is be open to the experience.......you may just end up liking all the things that "bug" you!

No comments: